Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Back in the 5-o-o

Hello Everyone!

Let me be the first to apologize that we haven’t made a post since… um… November?! Holy cow, it HAS been a while. We’ve had a lot of changes going on in the Career Services Center and the Career Planning Peer program in general, which definitely accounts for some of that. Let me get everyone up to speed:

In December we said goodbye to CPP Seghel (whose posts you’ve seen quite frequently on this site), as she graduated a semester early with a degree in Psychology. She continued working with us throughout the winter break, however, as she and I were furiously compiling our first complete and official CPP training manual. January 20th was her last day at the CSC, and while we were all sad to see her go (she and I had been working together for over three years on this program, since we were Freshman!) she’s going off to do some pretty neat things in the world, so I guess it evens out a bit.  

Seghel’s departure, however, ushered in a new era of the CPP program. Right now we are currently training three, that’s right three, brand new CPPs. Can you say exciting? If you show up to drop-ins any time in the next few months chances are you’ll see them shadowing and get a chance to say hi. As I’ll be graduating in May, this can only mean good things and more growth for the program as a whole.

I won’t write too much about the new CPPs yet (I’m going to give each of them a chance to introduce themselves on this blog instead), but I will say we are fully back in the swing of things. So, make sure to keep an eye out for a bunch of new and interesting blog posts from a bunch of new and interesting voices. And me too, of course (I mean, I’m certainly not new but I am still interesting. Or at least that’s what my mom tells me. See? I made a funny).

I can’t wait.
-Sarah

No comments:

Rosie
rosie

Rosie is an outgoing Junior Psychology major who has worked in the office since her Freshman year. She wears multiple hats including president of her sorority Lambda Theta Nu Sorority, Inc. and Vice President of Internal Affairs for Greek Council. As a very involved student leader she is a great resource for all things USF
Nathan
rosie

Nathan hails from the tropical state of Hawaii. When he is not in his business suit for his business classes, he is just "chilling" and bringing the Aloha Spirit to the office. He has worked for the Career Services Center for three years and has extensive experience with other internships including his most upcoming internship with Bank of Hawaii in summer 2012