Monday, March 28, 2011

Its A Plan!

            I have officially been working here at the CSC for almost 2 months this April. Woohoo! I honestly never thought I could have learned so much in so little time. I have been working during Drop-in hours (which are Monday-Friday, 11-2), helping people perfect their resumes for Summer internships and for the “real world”. These Drop-in hours have inspired me to look at internships myself and think about my own future. A year from this May, I will be graduating (hopefully) from USF. That is a scary and exciting thought, all at once.
   So, for the heck of it, I went looked up internships and jobs in DonsCareers. I looked through the amazing opportunities I could possibly apply for and it made me optimistic. I could teach in another country, at a “real” company, or in another state. The more and more I looked at these listings, the more I thought, “what if?”. These thoughts were lingering in my mind for a few days making me truly think about what I wanted to DO after graduation. I am very goal-oriented. At times, like all students, I get lazy and forget what I’m working towards here at USF. It’s important to take a step back every once in a while and look at the bigger picture. Maybe I need to start saving more money so that I can teach in Africa for a year? Or perhaps I need to do more internships in [insert field here] to get this certain job. Whatever it is, you’re going to need a plan at some point.
All it takes is one idea to get you going, and checking out DonsCareers might be just the site to inspire you.
          
:]  Victoria
   

No comments:

Rosie
rosie

Rosie is an outgoing Junior Psychology major who has worked in the office since her Freshman year. She wears multiple hats including president of her sorority Lambda Theta Nu Sorority, Inc. and Vice President of Internal Affairs for Greek Council. As a very involved student leader she is a great resource for all things USF
Nathan
rosie

Nathan hails from the tropical state of Hawaii. When he is not in his business suit for his business classes, he is just "chilling" and bringing the Aloha Spirit to the office. He has worked for the Career Services Center for three years and has extensive experience with other internships including his most upcoming internship with Bank of Hawaii in summer 2012