Monday, April 18, 2011

Inquiries and Internships

Hello all!
        As the Summertime approaches, I myself have been on the hunt for a good internship that would help me gain experience...not to mention, something nice to add to my resume! I went on DonsCareers and Internship Exchange, and got an idea of what kind of internship I was really interested in. From there, I started Googling away companies that I would like to intern at. I looked over my resume, wrote out a few cover letters (because they should be specific for each company you apply for), and sent out my inquiry emails! I expected to receive, “Thanks, but no thanks” emails back from the companies, but it was quite the opposite. I got a response! In fact, I have been scheduled for a face to face interview later this week. There is no harm in sending out emails saying you’re interested! One of the company managers actually said “Thanks for reaching out and showing interest!” Don’t lose hope, there’s still time! Just get a move on! Show you’re interested and get that internship! Lastly, if you would like to do a Summer internship, but cannot this year, you can still get a jump start on researching internships for the Fall semester!
Good Luck!
--Victoria

No comments:

Rosie
rosie

Rosie is an outgoing Junior Psychology major who has worked in the office since her Freshman year. She wears multiple hats including president of her sorority Lambda Theta Nu Sorority, Inc. and Vice President of Internal Affairs for Greek Council. As a very involved student leader she is a great resource for all things USF
Nathan
rosie

Nathan hails from the tropical state of Hawaii. When he is not in his business suit for his business classes, he is just "chilling" and bringing the Aloha Spirit to the office. He has worked for the Career Services Center for three years and has extensive experience with other internships including his most upcoming internship with Bank of Hawaii in summer 2012