Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Your Major!

Hi Guys

I just noticed that Spring 2012 classes are up and ready to view. So do you know what classes you're going to take?

Picking classes is normally a difficult and long process by itself, but if you are having trouble and start asking yourself questions like, "Is this major right for me?" it makes it about a thousand times harder. There can be a lot of different questions that make it difficult when picking classes. For example, questions like, is this something I see myself doing after I graduate? Is my major worth the investment? Is this going to make me happy or rich? Is this what I want to do or is this what my parents want me to do? or even a question like, will I like the job opportunities that are related to my major and what are my options? These questions not only make it a thousand times harder but you probably want them answered sooner than later.

If you are in the same or similar situation do not worry, a lot of other college students are unsure and in similar situations. But you're going to have to do something about it if you want these questions to be answered. The first thing would be to do some research, go on to our website USF CAREER SERVICE CENTER WEBSITE . If you still need more help come into our office on the UC 5th floor to get some guidance and answers. You can call us to set up an appointment with a counselor at 415-422-6216. We also offer assessments that could help you better understand yourself making it easier to figure out your next steps in the journey of life.

Here is also an interesting article about majors, what you can do with them after you graduate and 5 degrees worth your investment. Take a look!
YAHOO ARTICLE

Don't be shy, come visit us, we would love to be part of your journey!

Aloha- Nate

No comments:

Rosie
rosie

Rosie is an outgoing Junior Psychology major who has worked in the office since her Freshman year. She wears multiple hats including president of her sorority Lambda Theta Nu Sorority, Inc. and Vice President of Internal Affairs for Greek Council. As a very involved student leader she is a great resource for all things USF
Nathan
rosie

Nathan hails from the tropical state of Hawaii. When he is not in his business suit for his business classes, he is just "chilling" and bringing the Aloha Spirit to the office. He has worked for the Career Services Center for three years and has extensive experience with other internships including his most upcoming internship with Bank of Hawaii in summer 2012